Summer Fruit Vodka Mojitos
Blackberry, Plum or sour cherry - take your pick! These can be mixed days in advance.
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 2/3 c fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
- 2 lbs plums, pitted and cut into wedges and 18 oz fresh blackberries
- OR -
- 3 lbs frozen pitted sour cherries, partially thawed with juices
- 1 c fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
- 2-3 c vodka
- 6 c sparkling water
1. Bring sugar and 1 1/4 c water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved, 3 mins. Remove from heat; let cool 15 mins. Syrup can be refrigerated for up to 1 month.
2. Combine lemon juice, fruit and basil in a bowl. Add syrup; mash lightly to release juices. Refrigerate at least 1 day and up to 4 days.
3. Combine fruit mixture and vodka in a pitcher or punch bowl; ladle about 1/3 c into each glass. Fill with ice. Top with sparkling water, garnish with more basil and serve.