Butternut Squash, Onion and Gorgonzola Gratin
This dish goes very nicely with roasted chicken.
serves 6 ( 5 points +)
- 5 c. cubed, peeled butternut squash
- 1 slice white bread
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 c. thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray baking sheet. Place squash on baking sheet, cover with another piece of foil and bake 10-20 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, place bread in a food processor and pulse until crumbs form. Toss with 2 tsp. olive oil; set aside.
Heat remaining 2 tsp. oil in a nonstick skillet. Cook onion until tender.
Combine onion and squash in a bowl. Season with sage, salt and pepper. Place squash mixture in an 11 x 7 inch pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Top with Gorgonzola, then bread crumb mixture. Bake an additional 10 minutes
You'll also love
- Apple German Pancake (Paleo/GF/SF) 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Chocolate Chow Mein Noodle... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Yogurt Muffins=... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- #KIphotocontest - Tilapia with... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Cabbage salad (mexican) 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Bars 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Snapper with Zucchini and Tomato 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Feta and Bacon Stuffed Chicken... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)