Sweet Potato Cauliflower Soup
- 1 large head cauliflower (the one I used was at least 7″ in diameter
- olive oil for drizzling
- Few dashes garam masala (optional)
- 3 medium to large sized peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 7 cups filtered water
Adapted from manifestvegan.com
First, preheat your oven to 400 °F and cut up your cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Sprinkle cauliflower lightly with garam masala. Place cauliflower onto ungreased cookie sheet and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Place in oven and let roast until golden brown on the tops and tender, but not mushy, about 20-30 minutes. There’s no need to flip ‘em. Just remove from oven and let cool while you cook the rest of the soup.
In large stockpot, bring sweet potato, onion, garlic and water to a boil. Salt (3/4 tsp) and stir. Reduce heat and allow to remain at a constant simmer until sweet potatoes are tender. Add in cooked cauliflower and divide soup into 2 parts.
Let soup cool and then blend one part soup in blender until very smooth. Combine with second part soup and stir. Salt to taste and warm up over stovetop if needed.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Ooey Gooey Cake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Green Beans 4.2/5 (50 Votes)
- Spiced Pumpkin Soup 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Crowd Pleasing Scalloped Potatoes 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie with... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potatoes 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Turnip Cauliflower Mash 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Indian Cauliflower Fritters 4.7/5 (6 Votes)