Roasted Asparagus and Tomato Penne Salad with Goat Cheese
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups pasta mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese)
- 2 cups uncooked penne or mostaccioli (tube-shaped pasta)
- 12 asparagus spears
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and set aside.
3. Place asparagus and tomatoes on a jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss gently to coat; arrange asparagus and tomato mixture in a single layer. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove asparagus from pan. Place pan back in oven, and bake tomatoes an additional 4 minutes. Remove tomatoes from pan; let asparagus and tomatoes stand 10 minutes. Cut asparagus into 1-inch lengths; halve tomatoes.
4. Combine shallots and the next 4 ingredients (through honey) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add remaining 3 tablespoons oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
5. Place pasta, asparagus, tomato, olives, and arugula in a large bowl; toss. Drizzle juice mixture over pasta mixture; toss. Sprinkle with cheese.
You'll also love
- Lentil, Potato & Spinach Curry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jim's Canadian Bacon and Pineapple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Jalapeno Pesto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipolte Shrimp with Tomato Corn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brown Butter Linguine and Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jim's Cold Tuna Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Cream of Tomato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)