Beefy Cowboy Beans
A down home, western style recipe for bakede beans that will bring family and friends back for more!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tomato catsup
- 1/4 cup Heinz 57 sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
In large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up into 1-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings.
Season beef mixture with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Stir in beans, catsup, Heinz 57 Sauce, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.