Crimini Mushroom Crostini
- 16 ounce baguette sliced on the
- diagonal into 24 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or more as needed
- 1 large garlic clove peeled, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot peeled, minced
- 3/4 pound small crimini mushrooms wiped clean, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- Rosemary sprigs - (optional) for garnish
To make the crostini: Preheat the broiler. Place the baguette slices on a broiler pan. Brush each slice with a little olive oil and rub with the cut side of the garlic. Place under the broiler and broil until slightly browned and crisp. Remove from the broiler and set aside to cool.
In large skillet, over medium heat, heat oil. Add shallot; cook and stir until soft, about 3 minutes. Add crimini mushrooms fresh herbs; cook and stir until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Spoon mushrooms onto crostini, dividing equally and spreading to edges. Serve immediately garnished with rosemary.
This recipe yields ?? servings.