Crimini And Carrot Marinade
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces small carrots trim tops, and scrub clean
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted red peppers
In a large sauce pan, combine mushrooms, water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for a few minutes. Add carrots and return to boil. Reduce heat and cook covered for 2 minutes more. Drain and cool vegetables and combine with artichoke hearts.
In a blender or jar combine olive oil, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper and shake well. Pour over vegetables and coat. Chill until cool, up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving. Garnish with red pepper strips and dill.
This recipe yields 10 servings.