- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 pound Cantharellus species coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dillweed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
To make the pastry, combine the first four ingredients and add enough water to form a soft dough. Press firmly into the bottom and sides of an oiled pie pan and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the filling. Lightly saute the mushrooms and garlic in the margarine, then drain off the excess liquid. Whisk the egg whites until frothy, fold in the mushrooms, herbs, and seasonings. Fill the baked pie shell with the mixture, sprinkle with sunflower seeds, and bake in a preheated 375 degrees oven for 30 minutes.
This recipe yields ?? servings.