Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1/2 stick) Crisco shortening
- 1-1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 T. milk
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 t. salt
- 3/4 t. baking soda
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place sheets of foil on counterop for cooling cookies.
2. Combine pb, shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixter until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
3. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Drop by heaping teaspoonsfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with tines of fork.
4. Bake at 375 for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to bown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.