Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes with Raspberry Cheesecake Buttercream
- For the Chocolate Buttermilk Cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Cake Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Cocoa (unsweetened )
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups White Sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 vanilla bean (seeds only)
- Raspberry Cheesecake Buttercream:
- 3/4 cup Butter (softened but not warm)
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) Fat free cream cheese (softened but not warm)
- 4 - 5 cups Icing Sugar (or until desired consistency is reached)
- 4 ounces Raspberries (frozen (or fresh) thawed, drained and divided)
- 1 vanilla bean ((seeds only))
For the Chocolate Cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tins with cupcake cups or grease using nonstick cooking spray.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave, in 15 second intervals, making sure to stir in between. Set aside to cool down for a bit. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar for 5 minutes, until it is pale and thick. Add in the butter. Mix until combined. Add in the melted chocolate. Now, add in the sour cream and vanilla. Beat until well incorporated.
Add the flour mixture and milk in alternating increments and beat until smooth. Divide batter into the cupcake tins. This batter made about 30 cupcakes for me.
Bake for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
For the Raspberry Cheesecake Buttercream:
Cream butter and cream cheese in electric mixer for 1-2 minutes until fluffy. Slowly add 1 cup sugar and beat until smooth. Add half of the raspberries and mix until combined. Add remaining powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, and beat until well incorporated.
Add vanilla seeds and the remaining half of the raspberries and mix at medium-high speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
If needed, add more sugar as necessary to achieve proper consistency. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before frosting cupcakes if you'd like it to hold it's shape. Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes.
You'll also love
- Apple Pie Breakfast 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Bacon and Egg Savory Cupcakes 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Olive Garden Chicken & Gnocchi Soup 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Orange Dreamsicle cake 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Sweet Strawberry Cobbler 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Berry Oatmeal Crumble Bars 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Rustic Apple Raspberry Tart Recipe... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)