Pan-Seared Chicken with Tomato-Olive Relish
Cooking Light NOVEMBER 2011
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 breast half and 1/4 cup relish)
5 points plus
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted olives
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
2. While chicken cooks, combine remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, basil, and vinegar in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cherry tomatoes and olives; toss to coat. Serve relish with chicken.