- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Cooking time 25mins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, cook the garlic in 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high heat for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and red pepper and cook for 1 minute. Stir in 2 tablespoons of water, season with salt and pepper and cover. Cook over moderate heat until the broccoli is crisp-tender, 2 minutes; let cool.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper. Stir in the broccoli. Return the skillet to the stovetop and heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Pour in the eggs and cook over moderately low heat until set around the edge, 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Tranfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the center is just set, 12 minutes. Serve warm.