Cabbage and noodle salad
- 1 head cabbage
- 2 bunches scallions
- 2 packages Ramen noodles (vegetable or chicken flavored)
- 5 ounces slivered almonds or cashews
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or sesame oil
Chop and mix the vegetables. Refrigerate until served.
Melt the butter or margarine. Add almonds and crushed Ramen noodles. Add Ramen seasonings and brown for about 8 minutes. Mix vinegar, oil, sugar, and soy sauce. Shake up well. Just before serving, mix the vegetables, crunch and dressing and mix together well.