Green Tomato Pickles - Catfish House
Rate this recipe 3.6/5 (63 Votes)
- 6 quarts green tomatoes - cut into fourths
- 2 quarts chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 cup jalapeno peppers - chopped
- 3/4 cup salt
- 5 cups sugar
- 1/2 gallon white vinegar
- 1 tsp. mustard seed
Sprinkle salt over vegetables.
Let stand overnight.
Bring to boil, the sugar, vinegar and mustard seed.
Add to vegetables
Let cook until color changes
Pack into sterilized jars and seal.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Custard Ice Cream 3.9/5 (31 Votes)
- Sweet Corn Cookies 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- CORN & LOBSTER BISQUE 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Crawfish Tails 3.9/5 (26 Votes)
- Green Tomato Bread 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Walleye Gumbo 3.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Joe's Stone Crab Grilled Tomatoes 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Catfish Batter 4/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe