Green Tomato Pickles - Catfish House
Rate this recipe 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- 6 quarts green tomatoes - cut into fourths
- 2 quarts chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 cup jalapeno peppers - chopped
- 3/4 cup salt
- 5 cups sugar
- 1/2 gallon white vinegar
- 1 tsp. mustard seed
Sprinkle salt over vegetables.
Let stand overnight.
Bring to boil, the sugar, vinegar and mustard seed.
Add to vegetables
Let cook until color changes
Pack into sterilized jars and seal.
You'll also love
- Cajun Chicken Penne 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken with Artichoke Hearts 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- HG's Super-Duper Strawberry... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef and Broccoli 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chia Soy Glazed Salmon 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Tomatoes/w/Basil Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Low-Fat New England Clam Chowder 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Salmon with carot pancake, salad... 4/5 (2 Votes)