- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 French baguette, sliced on a bias
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from everythingfab.com
1. Combine the strawberries and sugar in a small bowl; toss to combine.
2. Let the berries macerate for about 30 minutes so that they begin to release their juices.
3. Spread a thin layer of goat cheese on top of each baguette slice. Top each slice with spoonfuls of the strawberry mixture.
4. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top each slice with the basil leaves and cracked pepper, to taste.