Indian Summer Raspberry Peach Sangria
- 1 bottle of red wine (I use Don Quixote Tempranillo)
- 1/2 cup peach schnapps
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (use fresh lemons!)
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1/2 pint of raspberries (rinsed and put into freezer)
- 24 ounces of raspberry flavored soda water (or plain club soda)
Adapted from momtastic.com
Pour red wine, peach schnapps, pomegranate and lemon juice into large pitcher and stir.
Add sliced peaches, orange and lemon slices to pitcher.
Put into fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight to allow for maximum flavor.
Freeze raspberries to use as ice cubes at least 1 hour before serving.
To serve, put frozen raspberries, along with a few other ice cubes to fill half of a wine glass. Pour 6 ounces of sangria over ice.
Add peach, orange and lemon slices into glasses.
Top each glass with 3 ounces of raspberry flavored soda water (or plain club soda).
Stir, serve and enjoy!
Makes 8 servings.
Tips for making homemade sangria:
Use fresh, seasonal fruit.
Inexpensive wine is fine and the way to go!
Sangria can be made with red or white wine.
Let sangria sit in fridge for at least 3 hours.
Use different types of carbonated soda water to fit your taste.
Freeze all types of fruits for fun edibles!
You'll also love
- Frozen Strawberry dessert w/alcohol 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Guinness Irish Lamb Stew 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Apple Donuts 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Blueberry Bundt Cake with Lemon... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- David’s Homemade Summer Peach... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Fresh Peach Salsa 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Crustless Chocolate Raspberry... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)