Turkey and Okra Skillet Dinner
Per serving: Calories 443; Fat 14 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 67 mg; Sodium 494 mg; Carbohydrate 35 g; Fiber 10 g; Protein 44 g
11 points plus
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds turkey cutlets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound okra
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed (about 3 cups)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until slightly crisp, about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, toss the turkey in a bowl with the flour, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.
Increase the heat to medium high and add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. When the oil is hot, add the turkey in one layer and cook, turning once, until lightly browned on both sides but not cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the turkey and bacon to a bowl.
Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in the pan, then add the okra and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, 1/2 cup water, the corn and tomatoes and bring to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, until the okra is tender and the tomatoes begin to fall apart, 3 to 5 minutes. Return the turkey and bacon to the pan and simmer until the turkey is just cooked through, about 1 more minute. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.