Banana Blueberry Crumb Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, diced
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt. Set aside.
Mash the bananas and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl with the paddle attachment (a handheld mixer works fine), mix together the mashed bananas, sugar, melted butter and egg.
Then slowly add in the dry ingredients until almost combined. Take a spatula to fold the ingredients together.
Add in the blueberries and fold them into the batter.
Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop the muffin batter into the muffin liners. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix together the light brown sugar, all purpose flour and ground cinnamon. Add in the cold diced butter and use a fork to cut the butter into the other ingredients.
Sprinkle the topping on each muffin.
Bake the muffins at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the muffins comes out clean.