Orzo Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Roasted Peppers, Black Olives, and Feta Cheese Recipe
- 6 large basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cooked, hot orzo*
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peppers**
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 8 ounces sheep feta, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cupt Italian parsley
- Be sure to salt your cooking water for best flavor. See How To Cook Perfect Pasta.**This equals 1 1/2–2 peppers. Buy roasted peppers in a jar at most major supermarkets, or see How To Roast Peppers.
1. Place the basil, garlic, olive oil lemon juice and zest, pepper, and salt in a blender and puree creating an emulsion. Set aside.
1. Place the hot, cooked pasta in a spacious, heat-resistant bowl, pour the dressing over it, and mix well. Cool to room temperature. The pasta will absorb the dressing and all its flavor.
2. Place the sun-dried tomatoes, peppers, olives, feta cheese, and parsley in the bowl and mix well.
3. Cover and let sit for several hours, or refrigerate overnight to develop the flavors.
4. Restore to room temperature and adjust seasonings before serving.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes with pre-cooked pasta —plus 2–8 hours downtime.
Tips and Techniques
You'll also love
- Lemongrass-Honey Glaze 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CastIron Apple Cobbler 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach & Ricotta-Stuffed Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Noodles and Pot cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Cake 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Canadian Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- How to Make Pizza Sauce with San... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta-Mario Batali's Baked Ziti... 0/5 (0 Votes)