Cheese Burger Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 pounds leans ground beef (or lean ground turkey)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 8 ounces low fat cheddar cheese*
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 sandwich buns, wheat
Cook beef and garlic pepper in 12-inch skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
Spray 3 to 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix beef and remaining ingredients except buns in cooker.
Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 7 hours. To serve, fill buns with beef mixture.