New York Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 Cups minus 2 Tablespoons cake flour Can use all purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups (8 1/2 ounces) Bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups(10 ounces)light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons (8 ounces)granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 pounds chocolate chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into bowl and set aside
Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy-about 5 minutes. Add eggs. Stir in vanilla. Reduce to low speed and add dry ingredients slowly, mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 24-36 hours.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350.
Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.