Z-Grilled Zucchini Roll-Ups With Herbs and Cheese
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 24 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 4 rolls)
Review this recipe
Calories per serving:
Fat per serving:
Saturated fat per serving:
Monounsaturated fat per serving:
Polyunsaturated fat per serving:
Protein per serving:
Carbohydrates per serving:
Fiber per serving:
Cholesterol per serving:
Iron per serving:
Sodium per serving:
Calcium per serving:
- 3 small zucchini (about 1/2 pound each), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoonolive oil
- 1/8 teaspoonsalt, plus more to taste
- 1/16 teaspoonof freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 ouncesfresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoonchopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoonfresh lemon juice
- 2 ouncesbagged baby spinach (2 cups lightly packed)
- 1/3 cupbasil leaves
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium.
2. Discard the outermost slices of zucchini; brush the rest with oil on both sides. Sprinkle the zucchini slices with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, about 4 minutes per side. You can prepare the zucchini a day ahead and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
3. In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, parsley, and lemon juice, mashing together with a fork.
4. Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture about 1/2 inch from the end of a zucchini slice. Top with a few spinach leaves and a small (or half of a large) basil leaf. Roll up and place seam side down on a platter. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices. You can make these up to a day in advance; store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.