Veggies: Marinated Kale and Green Bean Salad
The longer the raw kale sits in its lemony vinaigrette, the more tender it will become. If you prefer a crisper salad, let it sit for an hour or two; for a softer texture, chill it for up to 1 day.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large bunch Tuscan kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves cut lengthwise into 1/2" strips (about 8 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan or Pleasant Ridge Reserve
- Ingredient Info
- Tuscan kale, also called black kale, dinosaur kale, Lacinato kale, or cavolo nero, has long, narrow, dark-green bumpy leaves; it's available at farmers' markets and some supermarkets.
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Combine oil, lemon juice, honey, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add kale and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let kale mixture sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours or cover and chill overnight, tossing occasionally.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with a kitchen towel. Cook beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain beans; transfer to a bowl of ice water and let cool. Drain beans; spread out on prepared sheet and blot with kitchen towels to dry. DO AHEAD: Can be made 8 hours ahead. Wrap in paper towels, then in plastic wrap. Cover and chill.
Add beans to kale and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with grated cheese.
You'll also love
- Tuna Nicoise Sandwich 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Barbecue Potato Chip Crunch Dogs 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Caprese Grilled... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Escarole and Bean Soup 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Turkey Bacon, Egg and Spinach... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- kale quinoa patties 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Southern Green Beans and New... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)