Crème pâtissière au chocolat: Chocolate Pastry Cream
A delicious and sinful dark chocolate pastry cream perfect for some chocolate eclairs! Visit the source, Just Eat!, for a step-by-step pictorial recipe!
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup Raw Sugar
- 7 tablespoons Bread Flour
- 4.25 ounces Dark Chocolate
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1. In a medium pot, pour milk in and let it begin heating over medium-high heat.
2. In a clean mixing bowl, combine sugar and egg yolks.
3. Chop chocolate and place it in a heat-proof mixing bowl.
4. Bring milk to a boil, then remove from heat.
5. Slowly add 1/3 of boiling milk to egg-sugar mixture.
6. Whisk very quickly while adding milk and for about a minute after milk in in the bowl.
7. Place milk back on heat on low, then add egg-sugar mixture. Whisk continuously until it become thick like a pudding.
8. Transfer thickened cream to the heat-proof bowl with chocolate and combine until smooth.
9. Let cream cool, then transfer to the fridge for 1 hour.