- 12 oz uncoooked penne pasta
- 13 bacon strips
- 1 1/2 LBS boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp flour
- 4 cups milk
- 12 oz shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese or Mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
1. Cook penne according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon in batches over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 4 tsp drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
3. Saute chicken in butter and drippings until no longer pink. Add onions, cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickend. Stir in cheese, peas, pepper, thyme and bacon.
4. Drain penne; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13*9 baking dish. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
You'll also love
- CARMEL APPLE CHEESE PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- HEARTY WHOLE WHEAT & SWEET BANANA... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- My Pasta Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausages in ale for crockpot 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orzo Salad with Spicy Buttermilk... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemony Orzo Salad with Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock pot asian pork with mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PENNE W/ROASTED VEGETABLES &... 0/5 (0 Votes)