Asian Turkey Lettuce Cups
These asian turkey lettuce cups are great as an appetizer for your feast or as something to bring along to a party or get together!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups shiitake mushroom caps, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Place mushrooms in a large bowl. Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey, garlic, and ginger to pan; cook 6 minutes or until turkey is browned, stirring to crumble. Add turkey mixture, onions, and water chestnuts to mushrooms in bowl; stir well.
Spoon 1/2 cup turkey mixture into each lettuce leaf.
Combine hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Sriracha, and salt in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve sauce with lettuce cups.
You'll also love
- Jamaican Pork Stir-Fry 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Neiman Marcus Bars 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- The Grape Leaf's Chicken Sumac 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cinnamon Rolls 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Jaden's Chinese Beef Broccoli 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Chicken... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Turkey-Jasmine Rice Meatballs with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cajun Fire Crackers 3.7/5 (75 Votes)