Thai Beef Salad With Fresh Morels
- 8 ounces medium-sized morels sauteed, and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 New York sirloin steaks - (8 oz ea)
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1/2 cucumber sliced into
- match stick pieces
- 1 stalk lemon grass finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Juice of two limes
- 2 red chilies - (to 4) finely sliced for garnish
- 2 stalks Chinese mustard cabbage thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce - (to 2)
Grill or pan try the beef steaks until medium-rare. Allow steaks to rest ten to fifteen minutes. When steaks have cooled slightly, slice them thinly, using a heavy knife, and put slices in a large bowl.
Add the sliced onion, cucumber, chopped lemon grass, Chinese mustard cabbage, scallions and morels. Toss and season with lime juice and Thai fish sauce.
Serve at room temperature or chilled. Garnish with red chilies, cilantro and fresh lime.
This recipe yields 2 servings.