Blueberry Slab Pie
Have a large crowd to feed? Treat yourself and your guests to this easy, delicious blueberry slab pie. Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups (4-sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups ice water
- 2 1/4 pounds fresh or frozen blueberries (8-cups)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 155mins
In a food processor, pulse flour, salt, and sugar until combined. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining. With machine running, add 1 cup ice water. Pulse until dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed (if necessary, add up to 1/2 cup water, 1 tablespoon at a time). Do not over-mix. Divide dough into 2 disks; wrap each tightly in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour (or up to overnight).
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large bowl, toss together blueberries, cornstarch, sugar, and lemon zest and juice. On a floured work surface, roll out 1 disk to a 12-x-16-inch rectangle. Place in a 10-x-14-by-1-inch rimmed jelly-roll pan. Pour in blueberry filling, then lightly brush edges of crust with water. On floured surface, roll out second disk to an 11-x-15-inch rectangle and lay over blueberry filling; press along moistened edges to seal. Fold overhang under, tucking it into pan, and crimp edges. With a paring knife, cut slits on top to vent.
Place pie in oven, then reduce heat to 375°F. Bake until crust is golden and juices are bubbling, 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Cherry Slab Pie 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Three-Cheese White Pizza with... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Ginger Cakes with White Peaches... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Coffee Cake 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Butterflied Chicken, Ina Garten... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Potluck German Apple Cake Recipe 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Cherry Pie Crumb Bars 4.1/5 (15 Votes)