This quiche has a cheesy rice crust instead of a pastry crust, so not only is it a hearty meatless main dish, it’s also gluten free.
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup egg substitute, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Cooking spray
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Green onion strips (optional)
Adapted from health.com
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine rice, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup egg substitute, dillweed, salt, and garlic; press into a 9-inch pieplate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
Arrange artichoke quarters on bottom of rice crust; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Combine remaining 1/2 cup egg substitute, milk, and next 3 ingredients; pour over cheese.
Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into wedges. Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.
You'll also love
- Zucchini and Spaghetti Lasagna 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini, Carrot, and Parsnip... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pepper Chicken Rolls 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- KFC Copycat Fried Chicken: Better... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Filipino White Bean and Pork Stew 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegan Lentil Burgers 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Artichoke Soup with Fresh Mint 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Tagliatelle with Artichokes and... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)