Stir-Fried Oyster Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 slice fresh ginger - (abt 1/8" thk) peeled, minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms* sliced, or torn in even pieces
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 Chinese-style (firm) tofu cakes cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or more to taste
* Alternate Mushrooms: Common Store Mushroom, Shiitake
Using a wok or skillet, heat the peanut and sesame oils together until bubbling. Add the ginger, garlic, mushrooms, peas, and sugar and quickly stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broth. Cover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the tofu and soy sauce. Cook uncovered for 3 minutes. Serve immediately over rice.
This recipe yields 3 to 4 side dish servings.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Morel Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)