Steamed Stuffed Shiitakes
- 24 large dried shiitakes* stems removed
- 1/2 pound ground lean pork
- 1 green onion sliced fine
- 1 small slice fresh ginger peeled, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 egg white slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
* Alternate Mushrooms: Common Store Mushroom
Soak the mushrooms for 15 minutes in hot water to cover. Drain and squeeze dry; reserve the soaking liquid.
Mix the pork, green onion, ginger, soy sauce, sherry, egg white, and cornstarch.
Mound the stuffing into the mushroom caps. Place in a heatproof dish that will fit into your steamer. Steam for 20 to 25 minutes. Toss the cilantro on top.
This recipe yields 12 appetizer servings.