Leftover Chicken or Turkey Santa Fe Salad
- 1/4 * 1/4 cup reduced fat Italian dressing (creamy or regular)
- 1/4 * 1/4 cup chunky salsa (hot or mild)
- 2 * 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 * 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, shredded
- 1 * 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 * 1 1/2 cups corn (canned or frozen & thawed)
- 4 * 4 cups mixed salad greens (American blend-the one with radish, carrots,red cabbage, and lettuce)
- 4 * 4 cups reduced fat tortilla chips, approximately
- 4 * 4 teaspoons low-fat sour cream, to taste (or regular)
- 4 * 4 teaspoons low-fat cheddar cheese, to taste (or regular)
1. Mix dressing together in a large bowl.
2. Add chicken or turkey,beans,corn,
and salad greens and toss well to coat.
3. Place about a small handful of tortilla chips (approx 1 cup) onto 4 serving plates, then portion out the salad on top.
4. Place a dollop of sour cream on top of each and sprinkle with some shredded cheese.