Caramel Cream Sandwich Cookies
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup better or margarine, softened
- 1 eg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 T. butter (do not use margarine)
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 4 to 5 t. milk
1. In large bowl, combine brown sugar and 1 cup better; beat until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk; blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour; mix well. If necessary, cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 15 minutes for easier handling.
2. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With fork dipped in flour, flatten each to 1 1/2 inch round.
3. Bake at 325 for 10 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
4. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat 2 T. butter over medium heat until light golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in all remaining frosting ingredients, adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency; blend until smooth. Spread scant 1 t. frosting between 2 cooled cookies. Repeat with remaining frosting and cookies.