Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 3 lb chicken pieces/1 chicken cut in pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c chicken stock
- 1/3 c halved green or black olives
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 jar (12 oz) roasted red peppers, drained & chopped
- 1/3 c finely chopped flat leaf parsley
Season chicken with salt and pepper. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, fry chicken, skin side down, until browned. Reduce heat to medium, turn chicken and cook, covered, until no longer pink inside and juices run clear when chicken is pierced, 12-15 minutes. Turn over chicken, fry until skin is crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to warm platter.
Drain off all but 1 tbsp of oil from skillet, fry garlic for 20 seconds.
Add vinegar, cook until reduced to 2 tsp, about 20 seconds. Stir in stock, olives, tomato paste and roasted red peppers, cook until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in parsley, cook for 30 seconds. Pour over chicken.