Sweet and Sour Slow Cooker Flank Steak
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 9 oz. frozen chopped onions
- 16 oz. canned, sliced mushrooms, well-drained
- 24 oz. chili sauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free beef broth
- 2 T. canned tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. paprika
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. unpacked brown sugar
- 3 lbs raw lean flank steak, cut into 6 equal pieces
In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients, except steak. Place steak in a 5-quart slow cooker and pour garlic mixture over top; stir briefly so steak pieces aren't pressed firmly together.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high heat for 4 hours. Remove steak from slow cooker and let sit for 2 minutes; slice steak on the diagonal against the grain. Arrange steak on a platter and spoon vegetables and gravy on top. Yieslds about 1 1/2 cups of meat vegetables, and gracy per serving.