Crock Pot Whole Chicken
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (red) pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 large chicken
Combine the dried spices in a small bowl.
Loosely chop the onion and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Remove any giblets from the chicken and then rub the spice mixture all over. You can even put some of the spices inside the cavity and under the skin covering the breasts.
Put prepared chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, cover it, and turn it on to high. There is no need to add any liquid.
Cook for 4 – 5 hours (for a 3 or 4 pound chicken) or until the chicken is falling off the bone. Don’t forget to make your homemade stock with the leftover bones!
You'll also love
- Twice Baked Mild Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- KFC Extra Crispy Chicken 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Max's Style Fried Chicken 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Cheddar's Chicken Pot Pie 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Paprikash 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Southern Fried Chicken Batter 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Vesuvio 4/5 (1 Votes)