Chicken (crispy) Strips with Salad
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 1/2 tsps mustard powder
- 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs (preferabley Panko)
- 1 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup veg oil
- 1 1/4 lbs skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 5-oz pkg mesclun greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Mix the mayo, 1 Tbl dill, 2 tsps mustard powder, the lemon juice and 1 Tbl water in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, the remaining 1/2 tsp mustard, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a shallow bowl. Beat the eggs in another bowl.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Dip the chicken strips in the egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing so the coating sticks. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until golden and crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Place the greens in a large bowl and toss with the tomatoes, the remaining dill and 3 Tbl of the dill-mayo sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Use the sauce for dipping.