PENNE W/ROASTED VEGETABLES & PROSCIUTTO
- 1 pound penne pasta
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 large zucchini, ends trimmed, cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise into 1-inch half-moon pieces (about 12 ounces)
- 3 medium summer squash, ends trimmed, cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise into 1-inch half-moon pieces (about 12 ounces)
- 1/2 small cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
For the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl.
For the vegetables: Place an oven rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a heavy baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray. Arrange the zucchini, summer squash, cauliflower, carrots and garlic in a single layer. Drizzle with the olive oil and bake until light golden and tender, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
For the vinaigrette: Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl until smooth.
To assemble: Place the vegetables in the bowl. Add the pasta on top. Add the Parmesan on top so it sticks to the pasta and helps everything else stick. Toss the vegetables and pasta. Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta and toss. Add the prosciutto on top and do not toss until the pasta is cool.