Sole With Portabellas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 package sliced portabella caps - (6 oz)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or other herbs (or 1/4 tspn dried dill)
- 4 sole fillets - (4 to 6 oz ea)
Pour the oil in a large skillet with a cover over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for about 30 seconds. Add the lemon juice and soy sauce. Add the mushrooms and season them lightly with salt. Continue to saute, stirring gently the whole time, until the mushrooms become limp and lose all their chalk white appearance. When the mushrooms are very soft, in 10 to 12 minutes, add the herbs. Continue to stir for another minute or so.
Season the sole fillets with salt and place over in the skillet the mushroom mixture. Cover and place over medium heat. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until the fillets are just cooked. Serve covered with the portabellas.
This recipe yields 4 servings.