Oklahoma (Pineapple) Cake
- For the Frosting:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 can (8-ounce) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, using a spoon, mix all cake ingredients together.
Pour into greased and floured bundt pan.
Bake for 40-60 minutes.
Cake is done when it crusts on top.
Cool on rack 20 minutes then invert.
Mix all frosting ingredients together and spread on cake as soon as removed from pan.