Granny's Banana Cream Pie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- sliced banana
Adapted from food.com
In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt; stir in milk and mix well.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat.
Stir a small amount of cream mixture into egg yolks; return all to saucepan.
Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from the heat.
Add butter and vanilla; mix well; allow to cool slightly.
Slice the bananas and place evenly in pastry shell; pour cream mixture over bananas.
Cool; before serving, garnish with whipped cream or Cool Whip and bananas.
Refrigerate any leftovers.