Shaggy Parasols With Noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter or more if needed
- 1 1/2 pounds shaggy parasol mushrooms* chopped into chunks
- not less than 1/3" thick
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pinch fresh basil
- 1 pinch fresh thyme
- 1 pinch fresh parsley
- 1 pound dried wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
* Alternate Mushrooms: Blewit, Morels, Shaggy Mane
Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the mushrooms. Add the garlic, basil, thyme, and parsley. Stew the mushrooms in their own juice over low heat for about 15 minutes. Add more butter if needed.
In the meantime, boil the noodles in a large amount of salted water until tender. Drain. Add the sour cream to the mushroom mixture, then add salt and pepper to taste and pour over the noodles. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 main course servings.