Spinach Tomato Tortellini
An old boyfriend's mother used to cook this for me whenever I ate over. Cheese tortellini are served in a creamy tomato and spinach sauce. I love it!
- 1 package (16 ounce) cheese tortellini
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the tortellini, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
While you get the tortellini going, combine the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, milk and cream. Stir this mixture into the saucepan along with the Parmesan cheese. Heat through, then reduce heat to low, and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes.
Drain the tortellini, but do not rinse, then pour them into the saucepan with the sauce. Stir to coat, and serve.
You'll also love
- Broiled Salmon with a White Bean,... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Shrimp Tempura Roll (Ebi) 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Shrimp & Sautéed Spinach 4.1/5 (48 Votes)
- Shrimp & Spinach Alfredo 4.2/5 (42 Votes)
- Garbage Pasta Salad 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Teriyaki Zucchini Fried Noodles... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Creamy Macaroni & Cheese 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Ravioli with... 4.3/5 (27 Votes)