Arroz Doce - Cinnamon Rice Pudding
- Cook time: 45 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 c milk
- 2 c water
- 1 strip lemon rind (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c short-grain or arborio rice
1. In a heavy saucepan, combine milk, water, lemon rind, cinnamon stick and salt; cover and bring to a boil. Stir in rice; reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered for 35-40 minutes, or until almost tender, stirring often and scraping sides of pan.
2. Add sugar and continue cooking over low hear for 5 minutes, or until rice is tender and almost all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
3. Remove cinnamon stick and lemon rind. Pour pudding into a nice serving dish and sprinkle with ground cinnamon, or you can make a design, which my Grandmother almost always did. Serve room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.