Savory Pickled Wild Mushroom Medley
- 1/2 gallon seasoned rice vinegar
- 8 ounces sugar
- 2 ounces pickling spice
- 1/2 pound cepe mushrooms (porcini) cut 1" thick
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms whole caps
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms whole caps
- 1/2 pound golden chanterelle mushrooms (if small keep whole - if large cut 1" thick slices)
- 12 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces garlic cloves thin sliced
- 1/2 ounce lemon thyme chopped
- 1/2 ounce marjoram chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Place the vinegar, sugar and pickling spice in a pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
Toss the mushrooms in half of the olive oil with the marjoram, lemon thyme, garlic and salt and pepper. Place them on a baking sheet and roast in a 375-degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Strain the pickling liquid. Place the mushrooms in a bowl and pour the pickling liquid over them. Allow to marinate overnight.
Strain the mushrooms really well and toss in a bowl with the remaining olive oil. Keep in refrigerator and use for salads, crostini toppings, or whatever you would like.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Morel Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)