Salmon Fillets With Wild Mushroom Ragout
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 shallots minced
- 18 ounces chanterelles
- 3/4 cup bottled clam juice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 6 salmon fillets - (abt 6 to 8 oz ea)
- Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Fresh tarragon sprigs
Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the minced shallots and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the mushrooms. Saute until they begin to brown. This should take about 8 minutes.
Add the bottled clam juice and the white wine. Boil the mixture until the liquid have reduced and become syrupy. This should take roughly 20 minutes.
Add the whipping cream to the mixture and boil until thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in the chopped fresh tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
Preheat the broiler. Arrange the salmon, skin-side down, on the broiler pan. Brush the fillets with lemon, then with the melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil just until cooked through, without turning, about 6 minutes.
Transfer the fillets to a plate and spoon the mushrooms over the top. Garnish with tarragon sprigs and slices of fresh lemon.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)