Carrot Cake for a Crowd
Per each of 36 saervings: about -
pro 4 g
total fat 21 g
sat. fat 8 g
carb 57 g
fibre 1 g
chol 63 mg
sodium 289 mg
potassium 120 mg
% RDI: -
vit A 31%
vit C 2%
- 4 4cups cups(1 L) (1 L) all-purpose flour
- 4 4tsp tsp(18 mL) (18 mL) baking powder
- 4 4tsp tsp(18 mL) (18 mL) cinnamon
- 2 2tsp tsp(10 mL) (10 mL) baking soda
- 1-1/2 1-1/2tsp tsp(7 mL) (7 mL) salt
- 1 1tsp tsp(5 mL) (5 mL) nutmeg
- 6 6eggeggs
- 1-1/2 1-1/2cups cups(375 mL) (375 mL) granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 1-1/2cups cups(375 mL) (375 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 1-1/2cups cups(375 mL) (375 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 2tsp tsp(10 mL) (10 mL) vanilla
- 4 4cups cups(1 L) (1 L) grated carrotcarrots
- 2 2cans (each 14 oz/398 mL) cans (each 14 oz/398 mL)crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 1-1/2pkg (each 8 oz/250 g) pkg (each 8 oz/250 g)cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 1-1/2cups cups(375 mL) (375 mL) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 1-1/2tsp tsp(7 mL) (7 mL) vanilla
- 7-1/2 7-1/2cups cups(1.875 L) (1.875 L) icing sugar
Grease and flour cake pan (see above). Line bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
In separate bowl, beat eggs with granulated and brown sugars until light. Gradually beat in oil until thickened. Beat in vanilla. Pour over flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in carrots and pineapple. Spread in prepared pan.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack. Invert onto platter.
Icing: In large bowl, beat cream cheese with butter until smooth; beat in vanilla. Beat in icing sugar, one-third at a time, until smooth. Spread over top and sides of cake.