Risotto With Gorgonzola Cheese And Wild Mushrooms
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced fine
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese - (to 4)
- 6 large chanterelle mushroom caps - (to 8)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil - (to 3)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Saute the mushrooms in butter and set them aside. Chop and saute the onion and the minced garlic in olive oil and salt. Add the rice to cook lightly and coat with oil this should take 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the white wine, stirring until it is absorbed by the rice. Keep the heat at an even simmer and add the hot broth, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir until the broth is absorbed. This should take about 20 to 25 minutes. Add the Gorgonzola cheese, stirring constantly as it is added.
Rub the large mushrooms with olive oil and broil them for 5 to 8 minutes on each side. Slice them diagonally and place them on top of the risotto. Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese and the chopped parsley.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Morel Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)