Puffballs With Scallops And Broccoli
- 1 four-inch puffball*
- 1 cup mild vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound broccoli
- 3/4 pound scallops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
* Alternate Mushrooms: Common Store Mushroom, Oyster Mushroom
Peel the puffball and cut it into large pieces. In a sauté pan or skillet, heat the oil to almost smoking (400 degrees). Dip the puffballs a handful at a time for 15 seconds in a large amount of water with a pinch of salt added. Shake the water off the puffballs and toss them into the hot oil. Fry on all sides until golden brown. Remove the puffballs and drain on paper towels.
In a large saucepan, mix the chicken broth and wine. Reduce the liquid to half the volume by boiling rapidly. Remove and set aside.
Pour out all but 1 teaspoon of the oil from the pan used to fry the puffballs. Chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces and stir-fry in the pan for 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Dust the scallops with the flour. In a sauté pan or skillet, sauté the scallops in the butter and lemon juice until lightly browned. Add the broth and wine mixture and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the cream and simmer to thicken. Add the puffballs and the broccoli. Cook 1 minute more to warm the dish. Season to taste and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 main course servings.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.4/5 (570 Votes)
- Balsamic Eggplant With Oyster... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Morel Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ling Cod With Matsutakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Crab Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blackened Grouper, Grilled... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Clams 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli And Goat Cheese Quiche 3/5 (1 Votes)