MARINEL'S TOMATO TART
This is so good with fresh tomatoes from the garden.
- 1/2 package of pie crust (pillsbury)
- 2 cups (8 oz) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2 thick slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (garlic infused)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Fit piecrust into a 10 inch tart or standard size pie pan according to package directions and trim any excell pastry along the edges.
Generously prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork.
Bake at 400 for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle cheese evenly into pastry shell and top with 2 tablespoons of basil.
Arrange tomao slices on top and brush with olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place on baking sheet and place on lower rack in oven.
Bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon of basil.
Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.